Quick and Easy Ratatouille by Masterclass
A easy to replicate Ratatouille recipe from Masterclass.com. Ratatouille is a summer vegetable dish originating in Nice France and is sometimes referred to as ratatouille niçoise.
Servings: 4 people
- olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium-sized Yellow onion Finely chopped
- 1 lb eggplant cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed,seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lb tomatoes chopped
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise, cut unto 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 springs fresh thyme leaves removed and set aside
- 1 Turkish whole bay leaf
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large saute pan on medium-high. Add the onions, season with salt, and cook until translucent, with edges just beginning to turn golden brown. Add garlic, and cook a minute more until soft.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper, tomatoes, and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add thyme sprigs and bay leaf, turn heat to medium-low, and let simmer until vegetables have begun to soften, about 10 minutes. When vegetables have reached desired consistency, remove from heat and remove thyme sprigs.
- Garnish with chopped basil, and season once more to taste.